SAMSUNG NOTE 7 WARNING
All Travelers are advised of the potential hazard of fire directly related to the use and charging of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
Samsung has issued a recall on these devices, please check for this if you are an owner of this model.
The USA FAA has issued a warning to all airlines on these devices. If you own this device, please be guided by this.
interCaribbean Airways asks you to not turn on or attempt to charge in flight, that include the use of rechargeable power packs.
Please ensure the device is fully turned off for the flight
We thank you for doing your part.
Statement by USA Federal Aviation Administration.
In light of recent incidents and concerns raised by Samsung about its Galaxy Note 7 devices, the Federal Aviation Administration strongly advises passengers not to turn on or charge these devices on board aircraft and not to stow them in any checked baggage.
For safety reasons, the following types of restricted articles are examples of articles which must not be carried in your baggage. If you have any doubt about what you may carry, please request more information from interCaribbean Airways before you travel.
- Compressed gases eg refrigerants, flammable and poisonous such as butane and aqualung cylinders.
- Corrosives eg acids, alkalines, mercury and wet cell batteries.
- Explosives, munitions, fireworks and flares.
- Flammable liquids and solids eg lighter or heating fuel, matches, paints and articles easily ignited.
- Infectious substances eg live virus substances.
- Radioactive materials and all poisons eg insecticides and weed killers.
- Medicines and toiletries in limited quantities and alcoholic beverages may be carried in checked or cabin baggage (maximum 2 litres or 2 kg).
- Firearms are not permitted in the cabin. Passengers shall not tender dangerous goods or potentially dangerous goods for carriage as baggage.
Airline Carriers may destroy, abandon and/or retain as evidence any such goods. Your attention is drawn to signage at check in area and in the Terminal for more information. Please direct any inquiries for further assistance to interCaribbean Airways.