For travel to all interCaribbean international destinations a Passport is required.
You may also require a visa depending upon the issuer of your passport. You must check to be sure “do i need a visa” to enter my destination country. To assist you with checking the requirements we recommend you verify with the respective Embassy or Consul of your destination country. You may check the IATA website for guidance if you are unclear. Click here to be open a new webpage link to IATA by country listing. Fill in accurately the requested information as it can make a difference to the result.
There are some exceptions that can be possible but you must take the responsibility to check for you and your traveling companions.
Travel to the USA and Territories
The USA and its Territories offers a Visa Waive Scheme to the Passport holders of the following countries. However the Visa Waiver “requires” that you apply for and receive an ESTA number prior to travel. If you are the holder of a Passport of the following countries you must hold an ESTA number. To apply click here to connect to the ESTA Travel Authorization site.
You are eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) if you:
- Intend to enter the United States for 90 days or less for business, pleasure or transit
- Have a valid passport lawfully issued to you by a Visa Waiver Program country
- Have authorization to travel via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization
- Arrive via a Visa Waiver Program signatory carrier (interCaribbean Airways is a signatory carrier)
- Have a return or onward ticket
- Travel may not terminate in contiguous territory or adjacent islands unless the traveler is a resident of one of those areas
- Are a citizen or national of one of the Visa Waiver Program countries listed below:
|Czech Republic||Hungary||Lithuania||Republic of Malta||Sweden|
- Establish to the satisfaction of the inspecting United States Customs and Border Protection officer that you are entitled to be admitted under the Visa Waiver Program and that you are not inadmissible under the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- Waive any rights to review or appeal of the admissibility determination of the United States Customs and Border Protection officer or contest, other than on the basis of an application for asylum, any removal action arising from an application for admission under the Visa Waiver Program.
- Reaffirm, through the submission of biometric identifiers (including fingerprints and photographs) during processing upon arrival in the United States, your waiver of any rights to review or appeal of the admissibility determination of the United States Customs and Border Protection officer or contest, other than on the basis of an application for asylum, any removal action arising from an application for admission under the Visa Waiver Program.
- Obtain an Authorization Approved determination following a travel authorization application.
- Not pose a threat to the welfare, health, safety or security of the United States.
- Have complied with all conditions of any previous admission under the Visa Waiver Program.
As there are many questions that are asked about this including the costs, how long it is valid etc, click here to go to the ESTA questions and answers where you will find all of your questions answered.
Global Entry (available at San Juan Airport)
Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travellers upon arrival in the United States. Though intended for frequent international travellers, there is no minimum number of trips necessary to qualify for the program. Participants may enter the United States by using automated kiosks located at select airports.
At airports, program participants proceed to Global Entry kiosks, present their machine-readable passport or U.S. permanent resident card, place their fingertips on the scanner for fingerprint verification, and make a customs declaration. The kiosk issues the traveller a transaction receipt and directs the traveller to baggage claim and the exit.
Travellers must be pre-approved for the Global Entry program. All applicants undergo a rigorous background check and interview before enrolment.
Click here to go to the enrollment website